Ho‘olaule‘a – literally, it means “celebration,” but it’s also an expression of gratitude.
Each May, an interpretation of this storied Hawaiian tradition takes place on Maui’s north shore.
The event blends elite competition with family-friendly cultural activities and gathers some of the world’s best SUP, OC1 and OC2 paddlers to race the legendary 8-mile Maliko downwind run.
Friends and families come together to enjoy canoe sailing and surfing, ancient Hawaiian games, traditional luau, hula, and live music.
We take this opportunity to recognize and honor our Ama OluKai Foundation beneficiaries, as the community shares collective gifts of time, energy, and spirit.
SATURDAY, APRIL 28, 2018
- 07:30am-09:00am / Ho‘o Holo Holo Shuttle Service Runs from Kanaha to Maliko
- 08:00am / ‘Ohana Fun Paddle Check-In, Pai‘a Youth & Cultural Center
- 09:00am / SUP and Prone Paddle Check-In at Maliko Gulch
- 10:00am – 3:00pm / Free Music, Ama OluKai Foundation Giveback Activities & Hawaiian Games at Kanaha Beach Park
- 11:00am / Safety Briefing, Pule (opening blessing) at Maliko Gulch
- 12:00pm / SUP and Prone Paddle, Maliko
- 01:30pm / Live Music
Photo: Olukai Ho’olaule’a