MENEHUNE SHORES, #218
3 Bedrooms 2 Bathrooms Oceanfront
Menehune Shores is a beautiful six story oceanfront property located in North Kihei and offers unobstructed views of the clear blue Pacific. The property features an immaculately kept lawn area, a shuffleboard court, an onsite restaurant (Monsoon India), a swimming pool and two barbecue areas. It sits next to the historic 16th century royal fish pond of Kalepolepo. The property is an excellent location for stunning sunsets, swimming, romantic beach strolling, and seasonal whale watching. The unit interiors include fully equipped kitchens, cable television, free local phone service, private lanais and luxury linens supplied directly by Ali'i Resorts.A Note from the Owner: Unit 218 has been completely remodeled in 2006. It is a spacious 3-bedroom condo and is great for larger families or couples traveling together. This ocean front condo has spectacular outer island views. The condo is well appointed with all you will need for a comfortable stay. Come and enjoy all that Maui has to offer. You will make this an annual trip for sure. House Rules
Available Unavailable Check-In Only Check-Out Only
- Air Conditioning: Limited A/C
- View From Condo: Oceanfront
- Area: North Kihei
- On iLink: Yes
- Nearest Beach: Kaonoulu Beach
- Master Bedroom Bedding: King
- Guest Bedroom Bedding: King
- Third Bedroom Bedding: Twins
- Keyless Access: Yes
- Maximum Guest Capacity: 8
- Bath Tub: Yes
- Also Features
- Non-Smoking Vacation Rental
- Sleep Cap: 8
- Baths: 2
- Bedrooms: 3
- Location: Oceanfront
- Roof Top BBQ: Yes
- Housekeeping: Weekly (14 nt min.)
- Sofa Bed: Yes
- WalkToBeach: Yes
- Washer/Dryer In Unit: Yes
- Food & Bar: Yes
- Pool: Heated
- Ocean View Bedroom: Yes
- Floor Level: 2
- Elevator: Yes
- Safe: Yes
- Wireless Internet: Yes
- iPod Docking Station: Yes
- Bedroom TV: Master, Guest, & 3rd
- iPod Docking Station: Master
Guest Reviews of MENEHUNE SHORES, #218Three Bedroom / Two Bath Oceanfront Condominium Kihei, Maui, HI
Vacation Rental Reviews by
12 user reviewsstars based on
There were 6 of us staying at Menehune Shores for a wedding. Room was great. My only small recommendation would be to have safer fry pans. The teflon was peeling. Not a deal breaker and still rated a 5. Thanks!
Great spot as good or better than the pics, wonderful family time!
Wonderful place, had a great family vacation, good spot for kids to swim in the ocean. Better than I hoped.
Home away from home in Maui
We just returned from spending 2 weeks at the Menehune Shores Condo in Kihei, Maui and was so glad we picked this property. We were traveling with 7 people so the three bedroom, 2 bath unit was perfect for us. (We were 7 ranging in ages of 17, 21, 22, 24, and 51). We had condo number 218 which is an oceanfront condo. It is also one of the few condo units that had air conditioning. Although you got a nice breeze from the water and all rooms had ceiling fans it was also nice to be able to use the air conditioner after a day in the sun, We arrived later in the evening and had no problem using the code they sent us to enter the condo. The next morning we got to see all the beautiful views...gorgeous! Whether you were in two of the bedrooms, living room or kitchen you can look out at the ocean. Not to mention hearing the waves. So peaceful. The condo came clean and well equipped. The kitchen had everything you needed (loved the fish shaped silverware). The beds were comfortable and their was a tv in each room. There was a start up supply of shampoos, soap, laundry detergent and coffee. Plenty of extra pillows which made my husband happy. There was also beach chairs, plenty of towels and coolers to take to the beach. The condo is centrally located in a quiet area which was nice to be away from the tourist area but close enough to visit. The complex had a pool which we never had a problem getting lounge chairs for all of us, and was never really crowded. The beach was shallow and was surrounded by a protected barrier which is great for kids. The grounds were beautiful and well kept. The neighboring beach was perfect for an early morning stroll. There is also an Indian Restaurant (Monsoon India) on site which is oceanfront, which everyone enjoyed, and the service was very good. Although some reviewers complained about the spice smell, we didn't find it to be a problem. The complex is also close to a Safeway and not far from Costco for any food or stocking up needs. If I had a complaint it is that the coolers had be washed before we used them and the kitchen was equipped with a convection microwave oven, but we chose to BBQ instead. There are BBQ's located by the pool and on the roof top deck which was great for the days we wanted to eat in. The management company checked in with us during stay to make sure all was ok, and that was appreciated. If we ever to get the chance to return to Maui, we would definitely stay here again.
A gem! Quiet, spectacular views, great unit -- we'll be back!
What a wonderful find this was! We travelled with mother, spouse, and teenage daughter, and this unit was perfect for us. It was extremely quiet -- we couldnt hear anyone from within the unit, and despite leaving windows open all night to hear the soothing waves, we never were bothered by any other outdoor noises or sounds of people outside. The unit is well placed in building, on opposite side from pool and restaurant. The long beach felt almost like a private beach for our own use because there were so few people on it. Half a dozen in the morning and at sunset, and otherwise only occasional strollers and swimmers. Despite some days of high winds, the surf in this protected bay area was never rough -- no high waves here, so great for kids to frolic in (but there are areas of sharp drop off, which are clearly visible by the change in colour of the water). The condo was extremely well-supplied. Even such things as beach chairs, coolers for picnics, playing cards (great for raucous games of euchre in the evening), a mini-library, emergency candles, completely equipped kitchen, laundry room in the unit (stacked Kenmore washer and dryer, worked great; even detergent pods were supplied). TVs in every bedroom as well as the living room (rarely used), and also wifi which worked great for all of us (and even worked well on lanai and down on grass on the lounge chairs, near the unit). The beds were comfy, lots of pillows. The unit was updated fairly recently and has a great kitchen and bathrooms. Fans in all the rooms, and individual air-con units in the living room and two larger bedrooms. We arrived in evening later than arranged because of flight delay, but no worries, they made sure we still got access to unit. And since no one was booked for the unit right after us, they allowed us on departure day to stay until 3. The views though, aahh, the views....perfect. The location is great too (as long as you have a car); all amenities, stores, restaurants within a few minutes. This is a great location for just kicking back, relaxing, strolling the beach, soaking up the sun, and enjoying the absence of parading fashion bunnies and party animals. Highly recommended. Hawaii is a frequent destination for us, and this is where we are going next time we visit Maui.
Great for a family gathering
We rented this unit along with two others at the Menehune Shores to accommodate our family reunion. What a great place to stay. The location was perfect for hanging out on the water with the kids and was a perfect launching place to head elsewhere on the island. This unit was well kept, slept 6 with plenty of space and had everything that we needed in the kitchen. Wonderful view from the lanai and a great place to hang out on the roof.
Can't wait to go back.
Great value for the price. Great location. Clean and everything's was functional.
The perfect Getaway
We spent 2 wonderful weeks in Kihei at the Menehune Shores and it was paradise. The 3 bedroom apartment had an excellent layout and was equipped with everything you would need including kids items which were perfect for my 4 year old daughter. The rooftop patio was a great place to BBQ dinner and the pool was great on the really windy days. We had a cleaning service come through once half way though our stay which was great and the staff at Menehune Shores were great if you needed anything. I would highly recommend staying in unit #218!!!
We enjoyed our stay at Menehune Shores and plan to be back! We had a great view of the ocean and beach; loved how close everything was to the water. The entire area is the best we have stayed at during our visits to Maui. The service was great with plenty of all that we needed. It was close to shopping and other beaches.
Beautiful Oveanview Condo
First trip to Maui! What a beautiful condo! It had everything we needed, beach chairs, cooler, fully stocked kitchen, air conditioning..can' t wait to come back! The rental agency is fabulous! They handled setting up our snorkeling and surf lessons and gave us tips for shopping and restaurants.
Would rent this condo again and again
Rented 3 different condos in this complex for 9 nights. This was by far the best unit. The location in the middle of the complex was fantastic. Our 3 adult children stayed in this unit and they loved it. The home had a kitchen that would please any cook. Had everything you needed plus many things I wish were in the unit we stayed in. The view was beautiful and the furnishings very tasteful.
Relaxing, beautiful view with no 'surprises'! Quiet.
The service was professional and friendly.The condo, comfortable and well appointed and decorated professionally. Having an ocean view is a real treat, but you definitely have to have a car as there isn't any stores or restaurants nearby. All ammenities are new and working and the kitchen is well outfitted. Some of the outlets in the kitchen are not working though and the lights above the stove needed to be replaced.All of the headboards on the beds were loose though and sometimes rattled around, although the beds were newer and quite comfortable. All of the common areas were clean and the grounds professionally landscaped which I like to see. I also liked being on the second floor for convience and not having to wait for the elevator all the time. I would definitely come back if I needed a larger suite.
Great condo at value price. Held all 6 of us comfortably. Great view of K island to boot
- Check-in time is 3:00pm / Check-out time is 11:00am.
- Confirmed reservations will receive a letter of confirmation with a reservation number.
- All units are non-smoking and pets are not permitted.
- Rates are subject to change.
- All rates are subject to 14.42% Hawaii State GE/TA Tax and are based on Standard Occupancy.
- A 3-night deposit is required at time of booking. (Check deposits within 7 days of booking. All payments must be in US Dollars.)
- Guest is responsible for the effects of changes in exchange rate and all fees. Refunds will not be issued due to exchange rate changes.
- Full prepayment is due 60 days prior to arrival (90 days for Christmas/New Year’s bookings, 120 days for stays of 28+ nights). Your final payment will be automatically charged to the credit card on file on the appropriate due date unless auto-charge is declined.
- All reservations are subject to a Guest Service Fee which may include but is not limited to home and/or complex services and amenities such as parking, applicable property fees and applicable cleaning costs.
- Applicable cleaning fees will be added for stays less than 5 nights.
- An Early Check In or Late Check-Out may be available at 50% of non-discounted daily rate.
- Christmas/New Year’s reservations are not subject to normal discounts and minimum nights are required based on unit size. A 10 night minimum is required on 1 bedroom units and a 14 night minimum is required on 2 and 3 bedroom units.
- Long-Stay Reservations: Any stay 28 nights or longer requires a deposit equaled to 25% of the total value of the reservation. Final prepayment is due 120 days prior to arrival.
- Cancellation Policy: A fee of 10% of the gross rent or $200, whichever is greater, will be assessed for cancellations received 60+ days prior to arrival (90+ days for Christmas/New Year’s, 120+ days for Long-Stay). For cancellations received within 60 days of arrival (90 days for Christmas/New Year’s bookings, 120 days for stays of 28+ nights) or after arrival date, payments will be retained. If the space can be re-rented, a pro-rata refund will be issued for reservations paid in full.
- Approved refunds will be remitted via check only and mailed to the address on file.
- Standard Occupancy is the base number of persons allowed per dwelling unit based on standard bedding and restrictions. 1-Bedroom (2 people), 2-Bedroom (4 people), 3-Bedroom (6 people). Additional person(s) charge of $20 plus tax per person per night above standard occupancy using standard bedding to a maximum occupancy of: 1-Bedroom (4 people), 2-Bedroom (6 people), and 3-Bedroom (8 people). Children 12 and under are free (extra person fee does not apply), but are counted towards maximum occupancy.
- Accidental Property Damage Waiver: Accidental Property Damage Waiver affords protection to guests for accidental breakage or damage to the individual rental home up to a maximum of $1000. Damage must be reported by the guest to the Ali’i Resorts office prior to departure. Damage not reported by guests will not be covered by Accidental Property Damage Waiver and the guest will be responsible for any damages incurred. Cost is $40 + tax and is non-refundable. This waiver protection is added to the rent unless guest opt-out/decline protection in writing on Rental Agreement. If you choose to deny the damage waiver, you will be charged a refundable $400 cash security deposit.
- Guest is responsible for all phone charges exceeding local standard service.
- All guests are required to complete the registration form within 24 hours of arrival with Ali’i Resorts and, if required, register with the property. Failure to complete the registration form may result in immediate eviction.
- All guests are required to abide by the Rules of the vacation rental property.
- Owner and /or Ali’i Resorts and /or hired vendors of Owner/Alii Resorts may enter property with 24-hour notice to tenants occupying unit (except during scheduled cleanings and emergencies) to perform necessary repairs or maintenance, inspect unit or show unit, if necessary.
- Ali’i Resorts, LLC reserves the right to change your condominium accommodation due to repairs, condo owner use and acts of God. If this should happen, Ali’i Resorts, LLC will make efforts to provide you with another condominium of equal or greater value at the same rate you were paying, or refund the difference for a lower rate condominium, or allow cancellation of your reservation without a cancellation penalty.
- Guests and other parties involved with the reservation, including but not limited to, travel agents or online travel agents, hereby agree to verify all reservation details including, but not limited to, the accuracy of the rate, applicable fees, condominium complex, and condominium unit number specified in the reservation confirmation. Ali’i Resorts is not responsible for any third party’s failure to display or provide current photos of the property. The most current photos are located at www.AliiResorts.com
- Ali’i Resorts is not responsible for the retrieval and return of lost and found items.
- Ali’i Resorts is not responsible for childproofing accommodations.