MAKENA SURF RESORT, #G-101
Makena Surf Resort is a luxurious secluded beachfront condominium located in exclusive Makena. This gated community was developed with six 2 & 3 story buildings each offering sweeping views of the Pacific. The pristine and picturesque beach and rocky shoreline fronting the property is exceptional for sunsets, swimming, sunning and spectacular seasonal whale watching. Makena Surf Resort offers central air conditioning, two large pool areas with Jacuzzis, private gas barbeque areas, four tennis courts and free onsite parking. The interiors include large fully equipped kitchens, wet bar, washers & dryers, cable television, free local phone service, private lanais and luxury linens supplied directly by Ali’i Resorts. Housekeeping services are included at this resort property. Guests will receive a clean and exchange of all amenities and linens on every 3rd day. Housekeeping services can happen from 8:30am-4:30pm. All days in between are towel drop.
A Note from the Owner: Welcome to our Maui Ohana. Our unit is special because of the extra space and privacy, including the cool, shady side lanai we call our grotto-the perfect place to curl up with a good book, and a lovely respite from the afternoon heat! From our ocean lanai, we like to watch the morning "commerce" as snorkelers arrive by boat and kayak to explore nearby Turtle Town. Outrigger canoes and paddle-boards slip silently out from Chang's beach. In whale season, we can watch these amazing creatures play for hours right from our lanai. As sunset approaches, you might hear music from the tiny beach cove just below us-hardly an evening goes by without a wedding on this very special beach. Children can play safely on the grass right in front of our lanai and they especially love the safe, cozy feel and gentler waters of the beach cove. We like to think our unit is the most comfortable on the property. In the living room, we have two leather recliners and a huge sectional, perfect for a gathering of friends and family, or for a quiet afternoon nap. The office doubles as a sleeping space, with a love seat that becomes a queen bed. The bookshelf is packed with lots of good books, jigsaw puzzles and games for all ages. The large L-shaped desk is designed with plenty of room for two workspaces, two comfortable, cushy desk chairs, and a color printer for your convenience. But don't work too hard-you're on vacation!
Aloha, and thank you for considering our very special, very private Maui Ohana for your vacation. Through the years, we have remodeled and redecorated, always with an eye on comfort and convenience. We made sure to keep the original plantation style shutters throughout, for airflow and privacy. We have a fold out couch in the large "two-station" office area. We keep a color printer for your use, and basic office supplies. There is a nice library of books, some our own, some that guests have left through the years. There are games, puzzles and cards in the cabinet below the books. The office is connected to the living room (with a half wall) so we can look out at the ocean while working!
The sectional in the living room is good for curling up with a book or even for sleeping. There is a large flat screen television in the living room, with a coffee table that opens out to a big square for entertaining and leather recliners for reading, watching television, or studying the ocean. In the office and bedrooms are "i-Homes" for your iPad and phones. Both bathrooms have digital scales (but forget that, you are on vacation!). We have a big tub in the master bath. Both bedrooms have flat screen televisions and lots of dresser and closet space. The kitchen is equipped with Keurig, coffee pot, grinder, rice cooker, hot pot, Avalon cookware, Victorinox Swiss Army knives and more. There is a tripod for photos and a strong set of binoculars-great fun for watching divers and whales, all the way to Kahoolawe! If you take a great photo, share it in the guest book-we'd love to know what you love about Maui! If you think we are missing something useful, please tell us; we truly want to make our Ohana your home away from home!
Of course, Maui isn't just about the inside. We love the area surrounding our unit. Because we have a corner ground floor unit, we are surrounded by tropical foliage and the grassy area in front of the lanai is great for little ones. We have a comfy love seat on the entry lanai, and an over sized teak box to store your beach toys while you are visiting. The box also holds several beach chairs for your use. The ocean front lanai is also lovely, with a large table and umbrella, and two chaise lounges. But the unexpected treasure is our 'grotto', a side lanai (rare at Makena Surf) which offers a cool respite in the heat of the day. Curl up on the love seat to read or lie back on a chaise and nap the afternoon away in a shaded cove surrounded by foliage.
We are a short walk from a tiny beach cove, where kids can play for hours. I love to go down in the morning and discover their sand castles and messages. The cove is a great stepping in point for snorkeling the short distance to Turtle Town, or around the point to Chang's beach. The cove is also a favorite spot for small, private wedding ceremonies!
We hope you love G-101, Makena Surf, and Maui, and we hope you will share your experience with us, and your suggestions. We want to make our Maui Ohana the most comfortable unit at Makena Surf. If you are happy, then we are happy!
- Air Conditioning: Central A/C
- Hot Tub: Yes
- View From Condo: Oceanfront
- Area: Wailea / Makena
- On iLink: Yes
- Tennis: Yes
- Nearest Beach: Poolenalena Beach
- Master Bedroom Bedding: King
- Guest Bedroom Bedding: King
- Third Bedroom Bedding: No
- Keyless Access: Yes
- Maximum Guest Capacity: 6
- Bath Tub: Yes
- Also Features
- Non-Smoking Vacation Rental: -1
- Sleep Cap: 4
- Baths: 2
- Bedrooms: 2
- BBQ On Lanai: Propane
- Location: Beachfront
- Housekeeping: Daily
- Sofa Bed: Yes
- WalkToBeach: Yes
- Washer/Dryer In Unit: Yes
- Pool: Heated
- Pavilion: Yes
- Floor Level: 1
- Safe: Yes
- Wireless Internet: Yes
- iPod Docking Station: Yes
- BBQ: Yes
- Bedroom TV: Master & Guest
- Check-in time is 3:00pm / Check-out time is 11:00am.
- Confirmed reservations will receive a letter of confirmation with a reservation number.
- All units are non-smoking and pets are not permitted.
- Rates are subject to change.
- All rates are subject to 13.42% Hawaii State GE/TA Tax and are based on Standard Occupancy.
- A 3-night deposit is required at time of booking. (Check deposits within 7 days of booking. All payments must be in US Dollars.)
- Guest is responsible for the effects of changes in exchange rate and all fees. Refunds will not be issued due to exchange rate changes.
- Full prepayment is due 60 days prior to arrival (90 days for Christmas/New Year’s bookings, 120 days for stays of 28+ nights). Your final payment will be automatically charged to the credit card on file on the appropriate due date unless auto-charge is declined.
- All reservations are subject to a Guest Service Fee which includes WiFi (when available), parking, local phone calls, applicable property fees and applicable cleaning costs.
- Applicable cleaning fees will be added for stays less than 5 nights.
- An Early Check In or Late Check-Out may be available at 50% of non-discounted daily rate.
- Christmas/New Year’s reservations are not subject to normal discounts and minimum nights are required based on unit size. A 10 night minimum is required on 1 bedroom units and a 14 night minimum is required on 2 and 3 bedroom units.
- Long-Stay Reservations: Any stay 28 nights or longer requires a deposit equaled to 25% of the total value of the reservation. Final prepayment is due 120 days prior to arrival.
- Cancellation Policy: A fee of 10% of the gross rent or $200, whichever is greater, will be assessed for cancellations received 60+ days prior to arrival (90+ days for Christmas/New Year’s, 120+ days for Long-Stay). For cancellations received within 60 days of arrival (90 days for Christmas/New Year’s bookings, 120 days for stays of 28+ nights) or after arrival date, payments will be retained. If the space can be re-rented, a pro-rata refund will be issued for reservations paid in full.
- Approved refunds will be remitted via check only and mailed to t he address on file.
- Standard Occupancy is the base number of persons allowed per dwelling unit based on standard bedding and restrictions. 1-Bedroom (2 people), 2-Bedroom (4 people), 3-Bedroom (6 people). Additional person(s) charge of $20 plus tax per person per night above standard occupancy using standard bedding to a maximum occupancy of: 1-Bedroom (4 people), 2-Bedroom (6 people), and 3-Bedroom (8 people). Children 12 and under are free (extra person fee does not apply), but are counted towards maximum occupancy.
- Accidental Property Damage Waiver: Accidental Property Damage Waiver affords protection to guests for accidental breakage or damage to the individual rental home up to a maximum of $1000. Damage must be reported by the guest to the Ali’i Resorts office prior to departure. Damage not reported by guests will not be covered by Accidental Property Damage Waiver and the guest will be responsible for any damages incurred. Cost is $40 + tax and is non-refundable. This waiver protection is added to the rent unless guest opt-out/decline protection in writing on Rental Agreement. If you choose to deny the damage waiver, you will be charged a refundable $400 cash security deposit.
- Guest is responsible for all phone charges exceeding local standard service.
- All guests are required to complete the registration form within 24 hours of arrival with Ali’i Resorts and, if required, register with the property. Failure to complete the registration form may result in immediate eviction.
- All guests are required to abide by the Rules of the vacation rental property.
- Owner and /or Ali’i Resorts and /or hired vendors of Owner/Alii Resorts may enter property with 24-hour notice to tenants occupying unit (except during scheduled cleanings and emergencies) to perform necessary repairs or maintenance, inspect unit or show unit, if necessary.
- Ali’i Resorts, LLC reserves the right to change your condominium accommodation due to repairs, condo owner use and acts of God. If this should happen, Ali’i Resorts, LLC will make efforts to provide you with another condominium of equal or greater value at the same rate you were paying, or refund the difference for a lower rate condominium, or allow cancellation of your reservation without a cancellation penalty.
- Guests and other parties involved with the reservation, including but not limited to, travel agents or online travel agents, hereby agree to verify all reservation details including, but not limited to, the accuracy of the rate, applicable fees, condominium complex, and condominium unit number specified in the reservation confirmation. Ali’i Resorts is not responsible for any third party’s failure to display or provide current photos of the property. The most current photos are located at www.AliiResorts.com
- Ali’i Resorts is not responsible for the retrieval and return of lost and found items.