MENEHUNE SHORES, #623
Menehune Shores is a beautiful six story oceanfront property located in North Kihei and offers unobstructed views of the clear blue Pacific. The property features an immaculately kept lawn area, a shuffleboard court, an onsite restaurant (Monsoon India), a swimming pool and two barbecue areas. It sits next to the historic 16th century royal fish pond of Kalepolepo. The property is an excellent location for stunning sunsets, swimming, romantic beach strolling, and seasonal whale watching. The unit interiors include fully equipped kitchens, cable television, free local phone service, private lanais and luxury linens supplied directly by Ali'i Resorts.
A Note from the Owner: Unit 623 is on the top floor, and is referred to as a "penthouse" unit. Because the ceilings are higher, it feels open to the sky. With awesome views of both mountain and ocean, the sun rises, and sunsets, offer a mix of breathtaking views. As the sun begins to set, walk a few steps up to the roof top viewing area for a BBQ dinner or to watch the whales breech, in season. In addition, the spirit of "Old Hawaii" is represented by the ancient Kalepolepo fishpond, jetting out from the beach below. Hawaiian lore has it that the Menehune built the fishpond in one night. According to legend, Menehune are a dwarf people that live in the deep forests and hidden valleys of the Islands. The pond provides sheltered swimming for the Keiki (children) as they look for tropical fish and a perfect place for snorkeling, or a morning swim. A glass of wine, and it is time to sleep. Rest, from all the activities of the day, with the sound of the surf lapping on the beach. Our family has called Menehune Shores our home for three generations.
- Air Conditioning: Split-Duct A/C
- View From Condo: Ocean View
- Area: North Kihei
- On iLink: Yes
- Nearest Beach: Kaonoulu Beach
- Master Bedroom Bedding: Queen
- Guest Bedroom Bedding: 2 Twin Size
- Third Bedroom Bedding: No
- Keyless Access: Yes
- Maximum Guest Capacity: 6
- Also Features
- Non-Smoking Vacation Rental: -1
- Sleep Cap: 4
- Baths: 2
- Bedrooms: 2
- Location: Oceanfront
- Roof Top BBQ: Yes
- Housekeeping: Weekly (14 nt min.)
- Sofa Bed: Yes
- WalkToBeach: Yes
- Washer/Dryer In Unit: Yes
- Food & Bar: Yes
- Pool: Heated
- Ocean View Bedroom: Yes
- Floor Level: 6
- Elevator: Yes
- Wireless Internet: Yes
- BBQ: Yes
- Bedroom TV: Master & Guest
Guest Reviews of MENEHUNE SHORES, #623Two Bedroom / Two Bath Ocean View Condominium Kihei, Maui, HI
- Check-in time is 3:00pm / Check-out time is 11:00am.
- Confirmed reservations will receive a letter of confirmation with a reservation number.
- All units are non-smoking and pets are not permitted.
- Rates are subject to change.
- All rates are subject to 13.42% Hawaii State GE/TA Tax and are based on Standard Occupancy.
- A 3-night deposit is required at time of booking. (Check deposits within 7 days of booking. All payments must be in US Dollars.)
- Guest is responsible for the effects of changes in exchange rate and all fees. Refunds will not be issued due to exchange rate changes.
- Full prepayment is due 60 days prior to arrival (90 days for Christmas/New Year’s bookings). Your final payment will be automatically charged to the credit card on file on the appropriate due date unless auto-charge is declined.
- All reservations are subject to a $30 booking fee and property fees, if applicable. The Kihei Beach booking fee is $55, the Wailea Elua booking fee is $134.17 and the Makena Surf booking fee is $80.
- A cleaning fee will be added for stays less than 5 nights. The Sugar Beach resort charges a one-time cleaning fee regardless the length of stay.
- A ½ day charge of regular priced rent is required to guarantee a Late Check-Out.
- Christmas/New Year’s reservations are not subject to normal discounts and minimum nights are required based on unit size. A 10 night minimum is required on 1 bedroom units and a 14 night minimum is required on 2 and 3 bedroom units.
- Long-Stay Reservations: Any stay 28 nights or longer will require a deposit equaled to 25% of the total value of the reservation. Final prepayment will be due 120 days prior to arrival.
- Cancellation Policy: A fee of 10% of the gross rent or $200, whichever is greater, will be assessed for cancellations received 60+ days prior to arrival (90+ days for Christmas/New Year’s, 120+ days for Long-Stay). For cancellations received within 60 days of arrival or after arrival date, payments will be retained. If the space can be re-rented, a pro-rata refund will be issued for reservations paid in full.
- Approved refunds will be remitted via check only.
- Standard Occupancy is the base number of persons allowed per dwelling unit based on standard bedding and restrictions. 1-Bedroom (2 people), 2-Bedroom (4 people), 3-Bedroom (6 people). Additional person(s) charge of $20 plus tax per person per night above standard occupancy using standard bedding to a maximum occupancy of: 1-Bedroom (4 people), 2-Bedroom (6 people), and 3-Bedroom (8 people). Children 12 and under are free, but are counted towards maximum occupancy.
- Accidental Property Damage Waiver: Accidental Property Damage Waiver affords protection to guests for accidental breakage or damage to the individual rental home up to a maximum of $1000. Damage must be reported by the guest to the Ali’i Resorts office prior to departure. Damage not reported by guests will not be covered by Accidental Property Damage Waiver and the guest will be responsible for any damages incurred. Cost is $40 + tax and is non-refundable. This waiver protection is added to the rent unless guest opt-out/decline protection in writing on Rental Agreement. If you choose to deny the damage waiver, you will be charged a refundable $400 cash security deposit.
- Guest is responsible for all phone charges exceeding local standard service.
- All guests are required to complete the registration form within 24 hours of arrival with Alii Resorts and, if required, with the property. Failure to complete the registration form may result in immediate eviction.
- Owner and /or Ali’i Resorts and /or hired vendors of Owner/Alii Resorts may enter property with 24-hour notice to tenants occupying unit (except during scheduled cleanings and emergencies) to perform necessary repairs or maintenance, inspect unit or show unit to prospective tenants.
- Ali’i Resorts, LLC reserves the right to change your condominium accommodation due to repairs, condo owner use and acts of God. If this should happen, Ali’i Resorts, LLC will make efforts to provide you with another condominium of equal or greater value at the same rate you were paying, or refund the difference for a lower rate condominium, or allow you to cancel your reservation without incurring a cancellation penalty.
- Guests and other parties involved with the reservation, including but not limited to, travel agents or online travel agents, hereby agree to verify all reservation details including, but not limited to, the accuracy of the rate, applicable fees, condominium complex, and condominium unit number specified in the reservation confirmation.
- Alii Resorts is not responsible for the retrieval and return of lost and found items.