Ho‘olaule‘a – literally, it means “celebration,” but it’s also an expression of gratitude.
Each May, an interpretation of this storied Hawaiian tradition takes place on Maui’s north shore.
The event blends elite competition with family-friendly cultural activities and gathers some of the world’s best SUP, OC1 and OC2 paddlers to race the legendary 8-mile Maliko downwind run.
Friends and families come together to enjoy canoe sailing and surfing, ancient Hawaiian games, traditional luau, hula, and live music.
We take this opportunity to recognize and honor our Ama OluKai Foundation beneficiaries, as the community shares collective gifts of time, energy, and spirit.
SUNDAY, APRIL 29, 2018
- 09:00am / OC1/OC2 and Foil Board Race Check-In at Maliko Gulch
- 09:00am / Ho‘o Holo Holo Shuttle Service Runs from Kanaha to Maliko
- 11:00am – 2:00pm / Free Music, Ama OluKai Foundation Giveback Activities & Hawaiian Games at Kanaha Beach Park
- 11:00am / Safety Briefing, Pule (opening blessing) at Maliko Gulch
- 12:00pm / OC1/OC2 and Foil Board Race, Maliko Downwind 8 Miles to Kanaha Beach Park
- 01:30pm / Live Music
- 02:30pm / Awards Ceremony (SUP, OC1 & OC2)
- 03:30pm / Lu‘au (TBD)
Photo: Olukai Ho’olaule’a